Sunday, September 22, 2013

Craigslist Crawl: Atlanta


As you may know if you've been keeping up with the blog post, I am in search for chairs (again).  My farmhouse table has had many different styles of chairs accompany him over the years.  While in West Philly, Mr. Farmhouse had to spend some hard time in the basement.  He just would not fit in our eat-in-kitchen.  Now that we are back in Atlanta, we are once again trying to find some friendly and sophisticated company to surround him.  I spotted this set on Craigslist for $100!!

Image: Craigslist

I would more than likely paint the backs white and reupholster the seat cushions.  This isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but they do have a few things in their favor: 

1.) Super Affordable - 6 chairs for $100 (table would go in storage or resale)
2.) Faux bamboo backing - hard to find
3.) Mid-Century Modern look - give some balance to my traditional rug.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. wow what a steal!!! Would you recover the seats? A bold pattern would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't really tell from the picture if the seats are in good condition, but when I buy chairs second hand it never fails that I take those babies apart! I think a bold graphic fabric would add just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...