Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snowing in October... Trick or Treat?

It's a snow day in Philadelphia and along the rest of the East Coast. 

Photo:  Debbie Czarnecki-Lapinksy via Action News

Therefore, my butt was inside!  Snow!!  Already!? Noooooo!!!  Being stuck indoors on a Saturday is not my ideal weekend.  I was bored to say the least.  So bored that I decided to set the table just for fun. 
Sorry in advanced for the low quality pictures... it was a dark day.


The hubs got confused with all the "missing" silverware.  It's rare the table is preset.


I even lit the candles.


I'm not sure how I feel about my creme and mocha plates with white chairs and accessories.  Maybe I should just change out the center pieces and runner.  Hmmm?  The plates are by Casa Fina, and they are 100% awesome!!

Working at golf courses while in college proved to serve a purpose.  Everything may not match, but at least I know how to set a table!  And if you want to get really fancy check out this diagram. 


Apparently my water glass and wine glass should be switched.  
Shh.... don't tell.


Above are my freshly painted curbside chairs.  What do you think?  The seats still need to be recovered, but I"m happy with the high gloss finish.  Ideally I would have faux bamboo chairs, but those suckers are not cheap!!  The zebra rug will be moving to my office soon, and the pictures/art will be taken down eventually and replaced with a plate wall (or so I say.... it's always changing around here).



The more I think about the color scheme, the more I'm convinced that I need a set of white plates.  What do you think?  I love all the white with the farmhouse look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...