Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Pseudo Farmhouse

It's a beautiful day in Philadelphia!  A nice 68 degrees, with only a slight autumn breeze, enough to make you want to crawl up on your roof top!  


So that's exactly what we did!!


A quite unique perspective, and it gives you an idea of just how close we are to our neighbors.


(Please excuse the lack of make-up... it's Sunday, peeps!)

A little rooftop therapy, if you will.


 Farmhouse Table Update:

Today is only two degrees shy of perfect spray paint weather.  I think I am safe to give it a go!  Besides, there are very few days ahead that will offer this type of weather perfection.

Backstory:
 I found four of these matching vintage chairs on, you guessed it, none other than the curb!!


The chairs are covered in dated upholstery and what I'm guessing to be cat scratches.  Overall they're in pretty good shape.  Sturdy, just the way I like them!


Besides, it's nothing a few cans of spray paint can't handle. 


I simply lightly sanded the chairs, wiped them clean, and Kilzed away the ugliness.


I'm not sure if you can tell, but the chair on the left is slightly darker than the chair on the right.  I was going for antique white, but it turned out to be more of a buttercream... no thank you.  So, I will be spray painting all four today in Krylon's High Gloss White. 

Here's a reminder of the Restoration Hardware-like table I found at Impact for a steal at $35!!

 And the Restoration Hardware table currently on sale for $2295!!


Just for fun, here's a farmhouse table in a chic city apartment.  Farmhouse chic is not just for the country!


Be on the watch for my reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...