Thursday, May 26, 2011

Introducing...Texas Caviar

With Memorial Day fast approaching, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite summer time recipes.  It's a Southern one... what did you expect?  Texas Caviar is the perfect addition to your backyard barbecue.  Plus it's super easy to make. 

This is straight from my mama's kitchen, Y'ALL!   


So put on your big girl shoes, head over to your local grocery store, and let's all pretend we've been playing hostess for years.


Ingredients:
1 can of Black Beans
1 can of Purple Hull Peas or Black Eye Peas
1 can of Whole Kernel Corn
1 can of Shoe Peg or White Corn
1/2 Bell Pepper (chopped)
1/2 can of Diced Green Chilies
1/2 Tomato (diced)
Chopped Onion Chives
3/4 tsp of chopped Garlic
Zesty Italian Dressing 

Okay, gathering the ingredients was the "hard" part.  Push up your leaves, and let's get down to business.

Directions:
Rinse and drain all cans of beans, peas, and corn.  
Place in a bowl.  
Mix all remaining ingredients.  
Serve with tortillas, pitas, or as a side salad. 

(it's.that.easy)

Picture: Top Shelf

This recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser.  Trust me, your guest will be begging you for more.  You can always double the recipe for bigger parties.  I served this at Jason's birthday bash, and it was a huge success.  I promise, you are going to LOVE it and you'll even thank me later. Vegetarians will love you for it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...