Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More Fun at Gaffney's!

People who know me best would tell you that I am the most indecisive person they know.  
But when it came to choosing the perfect fabric for my new found chairs, 
well, that was easy!


Frontier Moleskin?  
I wasn't exactly sure what type to of fabric I was purchasing.  All I knew was that it was soft and I liked it! Turns out Moleskin is an excellent choice! Durable, windproof and oh so soft.  Sounds perfect for a dining room seat cushion. 

Here's what I came home with...


Before running into the Tell City Chairs while strolling along the streets of Philadelphia, I had my eyes set on these Peacock Tufted Dining Chairs from Pier 1 Imports. 

But at $179 a pop, I think I can handle a project of my own. 


 Ms. Lenore Gaffney (pictured below) was very helpful and even complimented my choice in reupholstering.  If you live in the Philadelphia area, be sure to check out Gaffney Fabrics on Germantown Avenue.
Photo Courtesy: www.gaffneyfabrics.com

You can't beat there wholesale prices, annnd they were having a sale!!

Total Round-up:
 1 Sheet of Foam - $15
1 1/4 yd. Batting @ $2.69 - $3.36
1 1/4 Frontier Moleskin @ $2.99 - $3.74
3 Curbside Chairs - FREE
Grand Total: $22.10

The chairs need a little TLC... tightening loose screws and such.  On the upside, I received a reply from the manufacturer!!

My salvaged pieces were manufactured from 1940 - 1964.  I like to think that they are from the Roaring Forties!  

Photo Courtesy: Christopher Blossom via www.jrusselljinishiangallery.com

We'll give them something to roar about!  I'll be sure to post pictures once I finish this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...