Sunday, January 23, 2011

For the Love of Crockpot

This weekend I whipped up a BIG batch of Lentil and Sausage Soup, a recipe I found on For the Love of Cooking.


I had to make some modifications seeing that I don't have the luxury of cooking in a dutch oven or the use of an immersion blender.  If you're anything like me, you're probably asking, "What the heck is an immersion blender!?"  Turns out it's used to puree food.  Well, we skipped that step too! Instead we cooked it.... slowww.
 
 
We used all the same ingredients from the original recipe., cooked it over night, and had a GREAT lunch waiting for us Sunday afternoon.  We even have plenty of leftovers for those nights we dread even looking at the stove

Speaking of LOVE...


I now have some sweet love birds on my kitchen chalkboard wall!  Perfect for Valentine's Day!!

My sweet husband drew these adorable birds...
After I pleaded, of course. 

Hey, it's no self portrait...


All Rights Reserved: Jason Espey

That's right, peeps!  My husband did that!  He actually has quiet a few more of his works in Studio Incamminati's Student Gallery.  Be sure to check them out here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...