Friday, July 2, 2010

Summatime Project... yes!?

I often find myself wandering around home decor stores that I can't quiet afford with my camera in my hand snapping shots of inspiration. The other day while in Pottery Barn I saw this piece and almost started drooling right there in the store.



Now, I may be getting ahead of myself, but I seriously think I have a chance of making this... well at least a replica. Craigslist post listings of wooden pallets in their free section all the time. And Jomar has awesome fabric sales. A little foam from Lowe's, a staple gun, and a little elbow grease should do the trick. I just don't know where to purchase legs?? I'll just google it.

Here's another fab item I fell in love with...


However, my pocket book couldn't afford this lovely $300 lamp, so I purchased this one instead at Home Goods (my love). Not as lovely as the one above, but it does the trick. That is if you can look past the horrible photo.

I know my husband loves me because THIS is what I got for my birthday in May!! Please ignore the tacky window unit and dorm like furniture. That's my next project.

My hope is to buy some tier tables like these which will also help store all of our books. I already bought three frames from Michael's to go over the bed. Props to Elle Decor for posting this on their website. I know I am a far stretch from here, but I'm getting there piece by piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...