Sunday, March 13, 2011

Without further adieu... The Flower Show Part 2

Springtime in Paris has officially come to an end.  As promised, here are some final shots taken from the Philadelphia International Flower Show.


Any movie fanatics??  Bill Schaffer's design's are based on the classic film "An American in Paris," appropriately addressing this year's flower show theme.





You cannot have a bad display when orchids are your subject matter.  Orchids by the dozens, or quite possibly by the hundreds, leaves the crowd with dropped jaws.



Michael Bruce’s Urban Graffiti Shadow Art
(823 Haddon Ave., Collingswood, NJ 08108)

Michael's designs add new meaning to the popular idiom, one man's trash is another man's treasure.  Constructed out of metal soup cans, plastic bags, and other pieces of "junk", these individual shadow art displays stop the crowd in their tracks as they try to make sense of what's dancing before them. 



There is so much more to see and share, but I'll leave you with what inspired me the most.  It's not an extravagant exhibit, a purse made of plants, or carousel flowered animals.  
It's a terrarium.



I'd really like to take my chances at cultivating one of these babies!  I'm so sad to say that I don't know the source, but isn't it lovely?

3 comments:

  1. I would love to go to this one day! Everything is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous that you made it to the Flower Show! I'm kicking myself for not going after seeing all your wonderful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It really was quiet a site! Could definitely spend more than one day in there. I would recommend attending at least one of the classes if not just to rest your feet. I'm kicking myself for not going to the QVC demo. Oh well, there's always next year. Aloha! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...