Friday, June 20, 2014

"Free your mind and the rest will follow!"

This is what I feel like shouting from the rooftops!  Has it really been five months since I last blogged?  Yes.  Yes, it has.  

BUT... I HAVE AN EXCUSE.  A PRETTY DARN CUTE ONE.




To celebrate our little comeback at The Tiny Abode, I am teaming up with Lamps.com in this blog post.  Lamps.com contacted me to do a review on one of their products.  I felt that this would be the perfect motivation to get me back into the joys of blogging.  More importantly, I cleaned my desk!!


I am reviewing the Adesso Graham Desk Lamp



I chose this lamp due to its sleek design and pharmacy / industrial style.  As you can see, I have a quite traditional French Provincial desk. I needed something to modernize the room... add a little pizazz, if you will.  I was not too familiar with LED lighting prior to using this lamp.  I was quite intrigued!  See that tiny circle in the middle in the pic below... that's it!  Crazy, I know.  It's so tiny!


 But check this out!


For such a tiny bulb, it gives off substantial lighting.  I purposely took this photograph at night so that you could see the real affect.  The lighting was not what I expected at first, and it took me some time to get use to it.  Most of the standard bulbs which we purchase in stores are more of a warm light.  Warm lighting definitely has its place.  However, having the right type of lighting in the appropriate setting is what makes a space work.  I might not choose to have an LED light in my living room; a space where I want to feel warm and inviting... cozy... go ahead fall asleep on my couch.   In my work space, I need something that is going to keep me awake!  It's not unbearable, by no means.   It's appropriate. My husband, who is a painter, is always proclaiming how essential it is to have the right type of lighting.  Any photographer would second that!

Here are some perks about LED lighting provided by Adesso: 

* Energy Efficient
* LED's last up to 50,000 hours
* SAFE: does not get hot
* SAFE: shatterproof, vibration resistant

Oh, and I added some original oil paintings by Jason Espey Art.  That wall was crying for some attention.  See what a little ol' lamp can inspire you to do!  The space really does feel so much more inviting!  We have a lot of work to do in the bedroom still, but this is definitely a nice start!  
Thanks Lamps.com!  

And here's a lil' something to get you motivated! 



Disclaimer:  The information provided in this post is based on my own research and experience.  None of the above should be considered as a substitute for your own product research.
9698c0ca756d01aeac05c6b34af29ccc8dcc424c04084bba0a

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...