Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kill / Steal: Persian Khorasan Rug

I was checking out One Kings Lane Beneath the Feet rug sale, and my jaw nearly dropped when I spotted a Persian Khorasan rug on sale for $1169.  I would kill to have a beautiful Persian rug.  However, my pockets currently do not run that deep.  

 Persian Khorasan Rug   

Kill:  One Kings Lane (sold out)


Instead, I scavenge Craigslist as though I am in search for a long lost family member until I find the identical twin that I always hoped for. Now, I'm not always successful, but there are times when I come across amazing steals!!!  Take for instance this nearly identical Persian that I scored on Craigslist for only $100!!

 

Steal:  Craigslist Find (Doylestown)


I'm hoping that I can find a way to modernize something so traditional like this rug by incorporating more contemporary furnishings.  I have not been able to find an inspiration photo that I really like, so I'll be working on a mood board to help direct my attention.  Any ideas on how to make this piece work in a contemporary living space?  Have you used a Persian rug in your home?  I would love to hear / see what you came up with. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice find!! Now I need to go see what's new on my local CL...

    The Aestate

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous rug. I especially love these in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a hand made carpet and very expensive that's why, Nowadays, the trend of people to use them has changed because many more things have been discovered. these were used mostly in 19th century at homes not only for decoration but also in those countries having cold climate to warm up the room. Now people mostly use machine made rugs as they are cheaper and have fine build quality and easy to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for and I can't find anything like it near me. I have almost too many options, as I live in LA, so anything that might help me narrow down the search would be appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, Craiglist is where it's AT!! I'm sure LA has lots of goodies out there. You may have luck on Ebay too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...