Friday, November 18, 2011

Holiday Pledge... Shop Local!

This season, I have been doing a lot of thinking about where I will be purchasing presents for my ever growing Christmas list.   Should I just go to the mall and knock it out with one trip?  Possibly online... I love private sales!  Or should I wait and just cram all Christmas shopping in the day before Christmas Eve?  Crazy, I know, but we fly home to Alabama, and sometimes it makes sense to go this route.  Shipping can get expensive!!

Source: inslee.net via Robin on Pinterest


Last week I enjoyed Fete Noels' pop-up shop so much in Chestnut Hill, that I thought, "This is it!  Shop local and support small businesses!"  Hello!?  Of course!  I'm sure many of you already support local businesses and avoid the King of Prussia mall like the plague during the holidays!!  Being married to an artist, I should really have this mastered by now.  However, for me, going to the mall creates a nostalgia that I yearn for this time of year.  Regardless, I am pledging to show my support this holiday season at a more local level.



So, my friends, I would like to encourage you to also shop local!  One way you can do this is by supporting the Pop-Up Shops that are literally popping up all over Philly!  This weekend The Little Apple will be hosting Meadow Sweet Vintage at their shop in Manayunk.  You may remember Meadow Sweet Vintage from Clover Market (the most fabulous flea market of the year).


So go get your vintage groove on and support small businesses! 

 Photo: Meadow Sweet Vintage

Also, be sure to come back and visit The Tiny Abode tomorrow.  We'll be announcing a fab giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...