Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Object of my Affection... Guest Post: Arcadian Home Decor

You all know by now that I am a bit (to say the least) of a chair fanatic!  I am constantly on the hunt for the perfect chair.  Whether it's a dining chair or a side chair... I got my eye on it!  I post about chairs.  I google chairs.  I pin chairs.  I pick-up chairs from the side of the road!!!   I even take pictures of my favorite chairs at flea markets!

 Photo: The Tiny Abode

That said, I am very excited to have Jenn from Arcadian Home Decor share with you the very object of my affection.

Hello! My name is Jenn and I write for Arcadian Home Decor, an e-commerce website that specializes in popular home decor trends from across the globe. My love for interior decorating started when I was 10 when my dad built me a dollhouse - now my husband and I are moving into our first real home, and I'm constantly scouring the net for great home decor blogs. A personal fave: The Tiny Abode, where their posts are always beautiful and inspiring. I'm so happy I get to write here today!

Barrel chairs go back quite a few decades and since that time they have become modern favourites. Curvy and streamlined, these pieces of furniture look great in both traditional as well as contemporary spaces. Paired with stylish table decorations, wall art, and other great home accessories, and barrel chairs become handsome centrepieces.

A stately vignette

Modern Barrel Chair
Barbara Virginia Hudson Interiors via

Elegant silver pieces displayed next to a modern reupholstered barrel chair is a sophisticated setting in a cozy corner.

Double duo

Modern Barrel Chair
Style at Home via

There are two great examples of modern barrel chairs in this casual den - a plain wood piece stands chicly solo, while a bubbled red chair adds a dash of welcomed colour.

White and blue calm

Modern Barrel Chair
Elle Decor via

These two furniture pieces scream mod - although they aren't rounded, their uniform shape makes them decidedly barrel-like. The white and blues are also wonderful choices for a soothing bedroom.

Shabby but purdy

Modern Barrel Chair
The Little House in the City via

The home accessories and floral print barrel chair in this living room may be retro-inspired, but together it creates a trendy modern space.

Birds of a feather...

Modern Barrel Chair
Gadding Gal via

This room boasts not only a barrel chair but a barrel couch as well - having one in a solid colour and one with a motif gives this monochromatic space more character.

The richness of wood

Modern Barrel Chair
Decor8 via

A regal old-fashioned wood desk looks gorgeous with a barrel chair on wheels - the blue glass table decorations and black and white wall hangings personalize this home office.

A modern twist

Modern Barrel Chair
Furniture Trends and Review via

These sloped-back barrel chairs are a fun twist to the classic design - the bright colours also set these chairs apart from the rest.

The patriarch of the house

Modern Barrel Chair
Grossman via

This modern barrel chair in brown leather would look great in any space - it can be a spot to curl up with a great book, enjoy a cup of tea, or a glass of wine.

Thanks to Jenn and the folks over at Arcadian Home for joining today! Arcadian Home is website full of the newest home accessories and decor ideas. Get your dose today!

So what did you think?  Do you have a love affair with a particular chair?  Tell me I'm not the only one with an obsession!

1 comment:

  1. I love chairs too - I just don't have room for them in our current house (guess that means I can still look, buy, and store though, right?) I have a little bit of an obsession with those wooden office chairs - I also love any type of the metal industrial chair. Who am I kidding - I love them all. Upholstered, ghost, Louis, etc!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...