Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bastille Day Street Festival... Let Them Eat Cake!

Eastern State Penitentiary in Fairmount  (2020 Fairmount Ave) will be hosting the Bastille Day Street Festival from 2:00 - 6:00 today.  Come join the reenactment of the the French Revolutionaries Storming of the Bastille and Marie Antoinette's cry, "Let them eat cake" (or if your in Philly, Tastykakes)!


To be frank, I'm more excited about the French Food than the reenactment!  Local restaurants in the Fairmount area such as The Belgian Cafe, Bishop's Collar, Rembrandt's, and Trio just to name a few, will be participating in the French fare festivities.  I may just get my Eggs Benedict I've been craving!





Why we're going...

Well other than my cravings, Studio Incamminati will also be participating in the Bastille Day Street Festival. Visit there blog, here.  As many of you know, my hubs is an artist, and he will be a part of the Studio Incamminati En Plein Aire Artists. 


Fortunately for us, events such as these force us out of bed on a Saturday morning.   I can't wait to see all the powdered faces, fluffed wigs, and Marie Antoinette imposters.  It should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...