Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Opening Night at Freeman's Auction with Studio Incamminati

Friday night Freeman's Auctioneers and Appraisers , the oldest auction house in the country, hosted Studio Incamminati's week long Celebration of Art leading up to a Royal Wedding Tribute with "nationally syndicated radio host Michael Smerconish" interviewing Princess Diana's Chief of Staff Patrick Jephson. Jason and I were fortunate enough to both attend the opening reception. Here we are with Nelson Shanks' portraits of Princess Diana (Source: Studio Incamminati).  


Fun Fact: 
Where the first portrait (left) was completed live, as seen here, 

Photo: JSS Gallery

...the second painting was completed after Diana's unfortunate death.  I had a personal "hand" interview with Nelson myself.  I was this close to being a princess!  Every girls dream!  So what if it was only her hands.  While Nelson was scrutinizing my hands, I remember him saying, "That'll do."  I held my head up high at his approval of my princess-like hands.  In actuality my hands are rather large for a female, but of princess-like quality of course. Unfortunately my schedule did not work with Nelson's schedule.  Damn you nine to five.

 In more positive news, Jason's I Heart Gourds still life was one of two pieces that sold on Friday night!  I'm such a proud trophy wife!  Here we are with the painting above us.


And here we are again...


If you are in the Philadelphia area, be sure to stop by at Freeman's on 1808 Chestnut Street up until April 21st for free viewings of The Artists of Studio Incamminati Exhibition and Sale.  For a full listing of scheduled events click here.
 
Ok, ok enough about us.  Check out below for project updates happening around The Tiny Abode!

My blogging hiatus continues, but I swear there are projects in the works.  I'll be sharing soon!  In the meantime, here are some glimpses of projects in the making.

This mirror and curb find is getting a face lift.  The circus green color has to go!


This IMPACT wrought iron chair will be getting a make-over.


And these freshly spray painted pots will be cultivating herbs soon.


These are just a few of the projects we got going on at The Tiny Abode.
The list is getting shorter by the day! 


Did I mention this is my spring break!?
Keep on the look out for future revealings!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time! Which Impact did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the one on Bethlehem Pike, and I am in love!! It was not a planned trip. I just looked to my right on the way to Home Goods, and low and behold there she stood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owow looks like such a cool event! Definitely loving everything Diana these days...must preserve the old in order to more forward with the new! Great images, thanks for sharing!

    Btw, Haute Khuuture just celebrated the 1-year mark and I'm celebrating with a HUGE giveway! Would love to see you stop by when you get a chance!

    Happy Tuesday hun!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...