Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I think, therefore Ikat

"I think, therefore I am"
Descartes

Or as we like to say, "I think therefore, Ikat."  Ok, ok, I may be a bit over-the-top.  However, using what little philosophical knowledge I can wrap my brain around, Ikat never ceases to exist.  It's the trend that never ends. One reason I am writing this post about the Ikat that we apparently can't get enough of... myself included, is to simply get Ikat out of my head.  Yes, I think Ikat.  Weird, but true.  And this stuff is Rad... that's right, Rad (capital R).

These bowls are from Antropologie (we seem to be blogging about them a lot lately), and are strikingly similar to the chevron mug Erin Gates shared about on her blog Elements of Style.  


Isn't it ah-mazing!?  Ok, quit lusting over it for now, and let's redirect our focus to Ikat, or I may just shut-down from pattern overload. 

Where I think an entire room of Ikat may be a wee bit [[ok, very much so]] over stimulating, 
(sorry if you love it)


In small amounts such as pillows, blankets, rugs, etc. Ikat adds enough umph to a room to keep things interesting.  I'm loving New York City designer Jeffrey Bilhuber's subtle approach by simply adding a toss pillow to throw the room together.

Photo: Jeffrey Bilhuber via Material Girls Blog

Here are some Ikat products I spotted on Amazon that keeps me swooning:
(Just click on the image if you want more info.)

Ikat Print with Black Piping Throw Pillow - Set of 2 Michael Kors "Denpasar" Duvet, Queen Denpasar
 ALDO Lindemuth - Women Peep-toe Pumps - Medium Green - 7Middleton Ikat Rug 8 SquareDiane von Furstenberg Kasi Canvas Clutch for Kindle (Fits 6" Display, 2nd Generation Kindle) Ikat Choco PrintBurgundy Ikat Clutch

I could wear those shoes every day!! Well, maybe every weekend.  I can only dream of being a heel goddess, and I applaud the woman that is.

1 comment:

  1. Would love to get my hands on those bowls if/when they go on sale!

    That pillow is hot too.

    Oh and I contemplated that bedding for a hot minute, but I decided I needed more simplicity for sleep. DO LOVE ikat in small doses though. It's so easy to pair with other patterns and colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...