Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tis the Season of Fall

This season so far has represented a lot of newness for myself, Jason included, but first I'll start with me.   
Let's begin with projects!  I've made a goal to accomplish at least one project per month.  This month's task... conquering the massive collection of books which have found themselves invading every existing corner in our tiny apartment.  If I get around to it, I'll post a photo of my finished (yes finished) organized by color bookshelf.  In the meantime, check out this master piece!  Beautiful (!!), but unfortunately not mine.  I don't have that many colorful books, nor do I have a bookshelf as splendid as the one below.  Nonetheless, this picture of someone's magnificent work served as my inspiration.  I feel as I should note, that this was not an easy task being as OCD as myself.  Does this blue book have more blue in it or do I see green?



In other news, this weekend I spent my time at a women's retreat with fellow Circle of Hope-sters at Camp Andrews... somewhere in the middle of Lancaster County.  In other words, for those of you not familiar with Pennsylvania,  we were out in BFE.  Horse and buggy territory, and it was absolutely gorgeous! (Especially since some leaves are beginning to change their color).  Reminds me of Alabama.  I see way too much concrete these days.  The women's retreat was not exactly a "retreat".  People were waking up at 7AM (on a weekend) to do yoga.  No thank you.  This princess doesn't even do her exercises during the week, much less on a Saturday morning and earlier than I wake up during the week.  Yes, I am that person.  There have been times I roll out of bed at 7:45 and must leave the house by 8:00.  But that's besides the point.  I met some really sweet girls, and I definitely feel comfortable saying that I feel more like a part, rather than a guest, at the Circle of Hope

I began this post by saying, "Jason included", and I have every intention on doing so.  However, it is late, and I must sleep.  But just for your lingering pleasure, it has to do with a new and excellent meal planning idea that I have created... Jason's even excited about it!  More to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...